Red Cross has an URGENT need for local citizens to “Resolve to Volunteer” with the Ameri- can Red Cross and make a difference in 2022! Communities across the country count on the Red Cross for help every day – and volunteers are at the heart of this support in local communities. Volunteering is good for individuals and for the community. We have an URGENT need for DAT volunteers as well as Blood Drive Greeters!
Red Cross Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers are neighbors helping neighbors through emergencies like fires and floods. Red Cross Blood Drive volunteers also help ensure lifesaving blood is available when needed by supporting local blood drives and greeting donors as they arrive.
Top 10 benefits of resolving to volunteer
- Meet new people. Our volunteers are amazing people from all sorts of backgrounds that share your desire to give back.
- Gain self-confidence. Volunteering can bring a sense of pride and accomplishment, which helps to build a more positive self-image.
- Stay active. Many volunteer roles can help get you out of the house and move around which can im- prove your overall health.
- Have fun! Explore new interests and passions all while contributing to a meaningful cause.
- Learn new skills. Red Cross volunteer positions include free training and provide an opportunity to experience new adventures.
- Experience the happiness effect. Helping people, meeting new friends? How can you not be happy?
- Be part of a larger mission. Gain a sense of meaning and purpose. The mission of the Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering.
- Make a difference in someone’s life. Whether you are helping a family that just had a fire or being a blood drive volunteer and greeting donors at local blood drives.
- Challenge yourself. Try something new can take you to new highs.
- Volunteer from home. That’s right, in your pajamas! The Red Cross has many virtual volunteer positions.
I greatly appreciate it if you can put any of this information in your news publication to help us recruit local volunteers for Red Cross.